I feel a little bad about all the awesome pictures of my peeps that are getting left out, but there are literally hundreds of pictures! The family was going different directions frequently during the day and there were several activities that we didn't get to participate in directly. (The boys slept a lot at nap time and wanted to eat about two hours earlier than everyone else. These were definitely things that we tried to work around and not slow the others down when it came time to do things.) I will try to get a few of those things in, though for another version of events you can check out Elise's blog.
One of the fun things that we did get to eat in was the Iron Chef Challenge. We have some avid fans of the show in the family and we all pretty much love to eat, hence the challenge. It ended up being un-judged and the rules were a little out of the ordinary. The contenders had two hours and $10 to shop, cook and present food of their choice.
The Contenders:
Incredible Ian
Passionate Paul
Cool Chris (with his coach and head whine-leader, I mean cheerleader, little Ian).
And the amazing results:







That was the best lunch all week! Thanks guys!
Every morning our kids were some of the first up so we had to get up too. And every morning this is what greeted us outside our picture windows on the top floor of the house. I loved it-even if I wasn't going to lay down a couple hundred dollars for an hour of balloon time.
Somewhere in the middle there were other things too. Like snuggle time with Grandpa.
Hang around the house and play with car time.
Singing time.
And hang out with cousin time.
We found that walks were a good activity for us and there was a good shady way to go that made it cool and very enjoyable. Ian is fiercely independent when it comes to walking and will happily throw a fit if you try to hold his hand. It was nice that for most of our walks he got to have his way, and make his own way!
This stick thing attached the fire hydrant was totally fascinating to both Ian and Noah. It was of more interest to me when I realized why it was there: to help firefighters find the hydrant in the plowed snow if necessary. I don't know how tall it was but it was over my head!
We found a fun tunnel and tried to get some more pictures of Ian along the way.
Only a little more to go now, folks!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
More Middle
Posted by Leah at 8:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The "Iron Chef" was one of my favorite things. Cousins playing together was another!
Hey we never found that tunnel-pretty cool! And I am so glad you included the Iron Chef in your recap because I totally left it out, oops!
I heard you were sick. Hope it passes quickly!
Post a Comment