After a week recovering, (that time change was brutal!), we started getting ready for the next reunion. The Williamson Family Reunion, to be held in Ohio.
By far the best of the preparations were collecting up some family in the days prior to leaving. Clara flew in a few days early and we tried to do a few fun things. Lafayette does not have much but we try:) While waiting to pick up Chris from a meeting we let the boys play at the mall. The play place is a little pitiful but we will take what we can get and the boys did enjoy the new additions, gracias a Clarian Arnett.
While waiting some more for the 'I'm done' phone call the boys played on the merry-go-round. Being the cheap mom that I am I wasn't going to put money in it. Luckily, for the boys, a kind man gave Noah a dollar to run the thing and they actually got a real ride. Thank you nice man!
To finish off our waiting Clara and I got our eyebrows threaded. I don't think that she was converted although the finished product was great!
Chris' parents also came by for a few days and we enjoyed the benefits of 'hokie' medicine completely. Grandma Mar's allergies were so much better that she was able to come into our cat-allergen-filled-home and spend several hours at a time. What a blessing!! Sadly, we never got out the camera. Too busy talking, I guess!
On Friday we packed up and drove to Columbus, OH, about four hours away. We made good time but pretty much missed the boys naps. This turned out ok, because they were able to go to bed and fall asleep without any hassle from the strange set up. The suite turned out to be perfectly set up for us and with a few sheets thumb-tacked to the walls and ceilings we were able to partition off each of the kids and us.
We swam in the pool that afternoon,
did dinner at Cracker Barrel, right next to our hotel,
And then Chris was off to the temple for Clara's first time! YAY Clara!!
Oh, and there were lots of opportunities for some rides each day we were there. Simple pleasures:)
Saturday was the big day. The boys woke early and while we were doing breakfast continental style we had a little incident with Noah's eye and Ian's finger. Completely accidental but the damage stayed with us all day. So, while Ian played and enjoyed the gathering, poor Noah would come crying to me for some love and a cuddle every 15 minutes or so when his eye would hurt.
And while I didn't get to do a lot of visiting-consistent crying can put a real damper on that-Ian homed in on a special friend for the day.
Hi, Uncle Paul. Can I sit by you? I am cute and completely unassuming.
You didn't want that chip, now did you? I thought not. Let me take it off your hands, er...plate.
You're right Ian, how could I resist such overwhelming cuteness. You can sit by me anytime!
Wait! You wouldn't be thinking that you are leaving me, would you?
Thanks for throwing me the ball, Uncle Paul, and saving me from the lighter fluid too!
We have always been very grateful that our kids have had opportunities to meet their great-grandparents. So grateful that we have to take a picture, even if the kids are not into it. They will thank us later.
Grandma and Grandpa Williamson and Jim and Mari's kids, spouses and their kids. So sad that Dad was not feeling up to coming that day. We missed you!!
We counted it a successful trip and really enjoyed seeing everyone. We only wish there could have been more visiting. See you next time!
Friday, August 28, 2009
Williamson Family Reunion
Posted by Leah at 8:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you had a good time--hope the eye is recovered and the sick stomach's.
What the blazes is threading your eyebrows? Everytime I think I've finally caught up with the cosmetic world, I find out I'm still clueless!
Post a Comment