Thursday, February 18, 2010

Monkeying Around

We got a coupon in the mail.
That is what spurred me to finally try out Monkey Joe's. I had heard about it and seen the commercials and thought that the boys would love it. But I was a little leery about the price-it was going to be expensive, right?

Well, with the coupon and going on a weekday it wasn't so bad.
And really, when you are constantly searching for any new thing to do during the long winter and the pickings are slim, cost is relative, right? (Not exactly, but special outings might exceed the usual budget because they are special and the need is great!)
I wanted to see how the boys would like it and also considered it a scouting trip for possible birthday ideas. (Not that I would have them do the party but maybe Noah and a couple of friends could go play and then do cake and ice cream at home. April is a chancy month weather-wise and I will be pretty pregnant and grateful for a low-stress/no clean up party idea...)
Noah always does better in new places the second time around so if it does end up being a b-day party venue, better to have the first trip out of the way.
Ian liked all the slides but was also fascinated with the arcade games we didn't play and some of the little push toys they had.

I was also really glad that when we went it was virtually empty. Way less intimidating for Noah and, in my opinion, safer. (I know that I am probably the only person on the planet who managed to break a finger in one of these things filled with AIR!) There were no bigger kids running faster, playing harder. We got to try everything at our own pace and it was perfect for Ian and Noah to try it all out!Even the adults can have fun! (Ok, they are not allowed to bounce but they can help the little kids which Chris so valiantly did!)

Final Grade: A

3 comments:

Alisa said...

I love all your fun pictures of the kids!

I wish we could plan an outing there together!!

Leslie said...

Empty--that's the way to do it! Don't you wish you could do Disney or the water park that way! Your kids are lucky to have you two for parents---always providing some adventure!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

I agree with your Mom, they are lucky to have wonderful creative parents! But then...you had wonderful parents too, so go figure! It looked like great fun, I want to go!