Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Sure Fit?

I have to preface these two videos with a little story.

Last Saturday, while I attended a Primary In-service meeting, Chris volunteered in the nursery watching kids of other attendees (and ours, of course). The kids got to play with toys and even had some of the scrumptious brunch that we enjoyed in the meeting. Towards the end, after the kids had cleaned up all the toys but before parents arrived to pick up kids, Chris and the other dads volunteering played a series of games with the children, including Duck, Duck, Goose, Ring Around The Rosie, The Grand Ol' Duke of York, etc. After playing these games one little girl asked "Can we play something without all this running around?"



My boys are pretty hands on and rough and tumble. They love to run and jump off of things. I don't think it would ever enter their minds to say "Can we play something without all this running around?"

I have every confidence that this baby will be the person we are supposed to have in our family, but is it any surprise that I occasionally wonder how a girl would fit into this melee? She would have to be one tough, ready-to-run cookie!



Can you imagine how thrilled, over-the-top, off-the-walls excited the boys will be when daddy gets back from a week long trip during which they are left with their 36 week pregnant mother? The thought of that reunion wears me out just thinking about it:)

3 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

Are you having a girl?!? Or are you just saying 'IF it's a girl'? I wanted to ask you on Sunday if you knew what you were having, but the only time I saw you was when I was sitting in the row in front of your in Sacrament meeting.

Leah said...

IF, IF, IF. We don't know. Total surprise.

Stephanie said...

I absolutely love these videos... And speaking as the girl after two boys similar to your own, "that which does not kill me makes me stronger" does apply!
IF it's a girl, she'll be alright... And she'll probably have all kinds of fun growing up with brothers. :)