It feels like I have told everyone but in case I have missed anyone:
We do not know the gender of the baby.
We had an early ultrasound to check out a potential problem and insurance only pays for one. So, it will be a surprise. I have gotten pretty ok with this. Partly because I can't change it:) The hardest thing about not knowing for me is feeling like I am unprepared, specifically if it is a girl. Well, a friend at church passed on a small bag of girl clothes "just in case." It was really amazing to me how just that small bag of clothes calmed my mind and heart about the not knowing. I am now enjoying the anticipation of that moment when the doctor will catch the baby and make a declaration!
On the job/moving front:
We have one company that will be making an offer in the near future. It is totally expected. We knew they would offer whenever we finished, after the MS or the PhD. They are located in Cleveland, OH. We have warmed up to the idea-again, something of a surprise. The offer will clarify if we will be located in Cleveland and/or for how long. Chris and I will be making a visit next week and we will get a better idea of how we feel about the whole opportunity.
We have two or three other companies that have made "call us before you accept anything else" type statements but we are not holding out for them. They would each have their pros and cons. We'll see. The deciding factor for us more than anything will be feeling like it is where/what the Lord wants us to be doing.
Chris will not defend untill August so we are looking at moving in the Aug-Sept time frame. Unless we are totally successful in selling our house prior to that time. In which case other plans will have to be made, all dependent on when that 'successful selling' part actually happens:)
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Just Clarification/Info
Posted by Leah at 9:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We're moving back to Ohio in three years. So if you go to Cleveland, STAY PUT!!!
Isn't there any good companies in Kentucky girl? Good Luck!
Hey, that all sounds very familiar! Not knowing the future, especially when you're pregnant and desperately need to nest is frustrating! What's funny is even though we know we're having another girl most of our hand me down equipment is blue. Girls can do blue, so you're fine either way! Except the clothes. Gotta have those frilly little dresses. Good luck with house selling!
That reminds me, when Matthew was born, I was the one who looked and said "It's a boy" (yes, no exclamation mark, I was tired!). So tell Chris to be prepared to make the announcement if the doctor doesn't--I think they're so used to people knowing the gender that it's not part of the routine any more. :)
Post a Comment