We made it! We survived almost a week without our daddy. Chris got home really late last night.
The kids and I are all still alive and kicking!
Trying not to kick each other, but hey, it's been a long week! Just kidding. About the kicking. Not the long week.
I don't know the exact cause, though I have my suspicions, but this time without dad seemed to be very emotionally trying for the boys. Every little thing set off a crying jag that resulted in someone calling out for daddy. We all wished he would magically appear! Noah woke up one morning early, crying in his bed for daddy.
Sleeping, which normally comes pretty easy around here, became quite an accomplishment, as did getting out of the house! The third trimester is trying to win me back over the dark side of feeling sick and lethargic. I took the trash out to the curb on Tuesday and it was too heavy-I was sore the rest of the week! What a wimp!
But enough of my tales of woe (I know so many people who have it way tougher, I feel guilty for saying anything!!)
There actually were some positives this week. Ian told me he loved me for the first time ever. Noah's imagination seems to have taken off this past week. Or maybe his ability to express it has caught up with his imagination. Either way he has been a pirate and 'king of the castle' this week. I was "Captain Mama."
Ian is a charmer as soon as he opens his mouth. A 'sicky cup' is necessary whenever he is thirsty.
'Mean' is his go-to word. It is a little funny when he talks about the 'mean car' or the 'mean cereal' but a little embarrassing when he hollers for me in the grocery store, 'mean mama, mean mama!'
He always tries to sit on my lap starting at the highest point-my belly! Yikes! I try to remind him to be gentle, that there is a baby in mommy's tummy. He points and says 'baby, wigh' 'ere' and then does it again the next time.
Ian always points out his 'button' when we change his shirt or randomly he will pull up his shirt and show us his 'button.' One time, after pointing out his 'button,' he reached out to pull up and point at Noah's 'button.' Noah strongly objected "No, don't touch my 'button'!!!"
Noah has shown huge progress in the bathroom. (I know, I know, just the update you wanted to hear about! Feel free to skip it but it has to be included. Do you know how long we have waited for these improvements?!)
He is sleeping through the night and all his naps in his underwear. And he doesn't fight to avoid going to the bathroom like he used to: every time we left the house, before naps and before bedtime. He has even declined the use of the Dora potty seat and wants to sit on the big toilet all by himself. And it has been ages since I felt like I had to take extra underwear and pants in the diaper bag. I loved saying goodbye to those extra bag fillers!!
He (mostly) is a great helper too. Bringing me things when I ask and helping Ian open the refrigerator or to find a rag, aka Ian's lovey. He comes up and puts his head on my belly and says "I just love the baby, mommy."
I just love the baby too. And my boys and am so glad to get them all under one roof again!
Friday, March 26, 2010
We Made It!
Posted by Leah at 3:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment