Monday, March 8, 2010

We Be Doing

Nothing to exciting has been going on lately, but we do seem to be keeping pretty busy. A couple of weeks ago we were up all night with Ian. I couldn't figure out the problem. I'm blaming it on a pregnant moment or the middle of the night or something. In the morning I finally (although it wasn't like there was much to be done in the middle of the night about antibiotics) noticed the crusties on his ear along with fresh fluid. We were able to get right in at the doctor and she confirmed it: ear infection. Poor thing. He was pretty pitiful for a day or so. So was I come to think of it:)
Have I mentioned that my boys are a little rough and tumble? Well, Noah fell once while playing and got a rug burn on the bridge of his nose-not really sure how that is accomplished given the other parts that stick out farther!

A few days later, while wrestling with dad, he rubbed it again and scraped the scab off. It started to bleed, which of course, means that a band aid is needed. I told Chris there was no point- the spot was so little and how could you get it to stick?

Chris loves nothing more than a challenge and set out to prove that it could be done. So, he was right. It could be done. Ian wanted to be like Noah so he got the other part of the band-aid. They were so proud to show them off to me:)
Noah made a Wild Things mask at preschool. He went around the house roaring at us and then peaking out of the bottom to see if we properly appreciated his efforts!
We had two bookshelves worth of books to pack away before we list the house and I emptied out all our kids clothes boxes so that we would have little ones to use. The boys had a great time with the empty boxes making tall, tall towers. This was my favorite picture. Chris trying to help and getting it right in the face as Noah made the tower fall!
On the actual side of accomplishing things we did get Ian's room cleared out last Saturday. I would have taken a "Before" picture to post but, frankly, it was too embarrassing. We took out the futon, two bookshelves, a small chest, a crib mattress (not the one in Ian's crib:), extra throw pillows and a couple other boxes. The room is about 8x9'. You can imagine what it was like! Then we moved the rocking chair and kid's table out of Noah's room and into Ian's so Noah's room is pretty well cleared out too.

We had previously removed from the closet all the boxes of kids clothes (see above) but on Saturday we also moved out the crib that was under the bed.

And that night I sorted through all the toys and we decided what would be packed up until we moved to wherever we are going in the fall-thereby reducing the mess making potential by about half.
It was a really long but completely satisfying day!!

On the list this week: painting and new carpet.

0 comments: