Friday, May 21, 2010

I am Ready

I am ready to have this baby.

I am ready to find out if it is a boy or girl! (I finally finished the boy AND girl afghan!)
I am ready to not have greasy hair and skin. I am ready to be able to move without certain unmentionable parts hurting. I am ready to be able to feel my fingers all the time (but especially when I am trying to write something down, talk on the phone, or shave my legs) instead of just some of the time. I am ready to have enough blood in my head to keep me from feeling dizzy and lightheaded. I am ready to be able to wear something besides my flip-flops (not that I don't love them, cause I do, but I feel like a bad example at church!). I am ready to be able to turn over in bed without it being a long production of positioning everything just right to minimize any painful movements. I am ready to stay in my bed all night-no potty breaks (I know this is a pipe dream, at least for awhile, but you know what I mean)!

But more than those things, I am ready to be me again-the me I feel like I have almost forgotten I was! I am ready to have my emotions, hormones, and mental faculties back. I am ready to participate in conversations that I don't think about later and realize that I missed so much and the other person must think I am an idiot for not getting half of what they just said. I am ready to have some control over my emotional being and how it effects me. I am ready to have some recall of common words, phrases and recent history (my own!). I am ready to be me again.

I am ready to meet this little person who has been running out of room inside me. I am ready to know if the baby is going to be a crier, like Ian, or a sleeper, like Noah, or his/her own person all together. I am ready to know who the baby will look like. I am ready to know if we will share a birthday or if the baby will share a birthday with one of the uncles or have a birthday all to his/herself.

I am ready to have this baby.

How about you, baby, are you ready?

5 comments:

Elise said...

Oh Leah! If it's any consolation, which i know it's not, I am ready too!
But mostly I wanted to tell you that I get you. Everyone experiences pregnancy differently, but of all the people I know and have talked to, it's you that I can identify with the most. I could have written that same post about 6.5 months ago. Maybe because we're sisters or something.
Anyways, I empathize with you and I love you! I can't wait!!

Elise said...

An oh yeah, I love your afghans!! You are so good at that! Someday you must teach me. Again. Love ya!

Tara Black said...

Bless your heart! The end of pregnancy is ROUGH! Hopefully he or she will come soon! Also , love the blankets! Can't wait to see pictures of the little one! :)

Greg and Tammy said...

Oh man. Did I feel that post. Brought me back to the last days of Emma...

I think the Lord does this to us on purpose so that labor is more tolerable. Just get this baby out!!

Good luck. Can't wait to read the news!!

Katerina said...

Amen!
(You summed it up perfectly, as always, and I couldn't have said it better myself. I should just copy and paste it into my blog next week when my mom gets here because I KNOW that's how I'll feel by then.)
Good luck, Leah, I'm thinking of you a lot and wishing you all the best with your baby.