Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Mommy's Day Party

I had a great Mother's Day. I only have one video to prove it. I hadn't showered yet so there are absolutely NONE of me.

Since the boys are a little young to be heading up plans for a celebration that role naturally falls to Chris for Mother's Day. This year he decided that we would have a Mommy's Day party. It would, in essence, be a birthday party-something my kids really get into!

While I was blissfully snoozing in bed Chris had the boys help decorate with streamers that ran the length of the house and balloons that had 'Happy Mommy Day' written on them. I got up and found them in the kitchen painting a big poster. I snuck back to bed to wait till all the prep work was done.

We played party games, like musical chairs. This was a new one to the boys and Noah particularly enjoyed it as long as he won:)



They decorated me with streamers and balloons and then we had a parade through the house. And last, but not least, (we actually played it first anyway), Pin the Flower on Mommy's Belly. Noah actually won this one as well.

No party would be a party without cake.

First, we had to sing. To the tune of Happy Birthday we substituted the words 'Happy Mommy's Day'. This worked ok for Noah-he got it. But Ian still sang Happy Birthday. In fact, while Noah would come up randomly throughout the day and say in his sweet, earnest voice "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy", Ian would come up after and say "Happy Birthday!" Talk about a reason to smile!

But back to the cake-it was the most delicious part of the day, anyway! Noah wanted to "eat the head." Chris had made a Dorothy Morris chocolate cake for me which is a sheet cake and does not have a head. A few sprinkles and a couple of pieces later and everyone was happy. It was yummy!!

Chris made dinner that night while I sat outside with the boys while they played. It was so pleasant sitting in the sun enjoying the cool breeze! And then eating food I didn't have to make! I love that!

It was a great Mother's Day! Did I already say that?

The only thing that might have made it better was if I had had this baby!! Apparently, Chris doesn't have that kind of pull with the Man Upstairs.

We are still here waiting. And waiting.

I know, I know, I shouldn't be anxious for this to happen anytime soon. I still have 11 days till my due date and it could go past that. But since I never have gone past my due date....I can't seem to help myself.

And I know that I will only be swapping one type of misery for another (I definitely consider not getting 7-8 hours of continuous sleep just about the most miserable thing on the planet!) But I am getting ready for a change.

Any day now would be good for me:)

2 comments:

Elise said...

That sounds like a pretty great Mother's Day to me! I love that Noah wanted to eat the head! I love ya, now go have that baby!

Leslie said...

You are probably the only woman in the family who will have two Happy Mommy Days this month. Glad you had a good time! Good job Chris. And, you had Dorothy Moore's chocolate cake---just for the record.