Can you hear him?
Gollum, saying it in that creepy voice.
"My preciousssssss..."
Creeeeepy!
This is actually not about a creepy voice but it is about a ring. A simple, inexpensive silver ring. I wear it on the middle finger of my right hand.
Unless I am pregnant. Than I wear it on my ring finger of my left hand.
It is transformed into a wedding band. I got it when I was pregnant with Noah and have worn it ever since. I didn't want anyone to think that I was an unwed mother. It was even more important to me when I was pregnant with Ian because Noah was still pretty young. By the time I was pregnant with Sage and already had two kids, three and under, who didn't even have the same color hair, I was determined that people not think that I was an unwed mother with children from three different fathers. The ring was my only defense.
I was still wearing it up until recently. It was getting pretty loose and I played with it a lot.
Up, down, around.
One evening I was folding laundry and it fell off. I found it under the couch. But then, that same evening when I was lying in bed I realized that my finger was naked. Bare! Where was my ring?
I jumped up and went to search around the couch and ottoman where I had been folding clothes. No dice.
I went to the bathroom and searched all over the floor. No such luck.
I pulled off my covers and searched in my bed. Nothing. Zippo. Nada.
I went to bed sad.
On the plus side I did finally start wearing my real engagement ring and wedding band. They look really good, I missed them!
When my simple, inexpensive silver pregnancy wedding band didn't turn up in the next day or so I started to tell myself that I would just have to buy another when I got pregnant again. But I was still sad.
Then, last Friday, when we were sitting in our car waiting for a table at the restaurant, Chris says he has a present for me. I am a little surprised and excited. Poof! He holds out my ring and asks me to marry him.
My ring! Turns out he found it in a pair of socks. He un-tucked them to put them on and the ring fell out!
My precious! Back at home on the middle finger of my left hand.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
The Ring
Posted by Leah at 2:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Day!
What a sweet husband!
Post a Comment