We were very excited to have Grandma Mar come visit us in part to celebrate Chris' graduation. She hasn't been able to visit us comfortably for years because she was allergic to our cat. A new house was a new beginning and we loved having her here with us-the kids especially.
She brought herself, of course, but also lots of fun things. Something new just about everyday she was here! (Gotta teach my kids better about suitcase raiding, however.)
She brought books (about their genealogy and one about dinosaurs) and clothes for Sage.
Silly elastics that Ian found some creative uses for. (Despite the solemn face he was really enjoying them, I promise!)
And, of course, the boys wanted Grandma to enjoy the thrill of the Jelly Belly warehouse tour. Or at least the thrill of getting free jelly bellies!
We were sad to see her go right before Christmas but contented ourselves with knowing that she can actually come back! We hope Grandpa will be able to come next time too!
I posted about Christmas but the best gift I got this year was my mommy vacation during the week between Christmas and New Year. I had a perfectly lovely time. (It think that this is by far one of the most amazing ideas ever! I would be happy to testify to any husbands about the mental, physical and emotional rejuvenation that can take place and how much wives appreciate such gestures:)
While I was gone the kids had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed their exclusive daddy time.
They got to hammer the gingerbread house to pieces.
Make gingerbread men cookies.
Decorate them.
And eat them!
Daddy made cool train tracks too.
It was a great week all around. (Just don't ask Chris about it:)
New Year's Eve found us getting Chris ready to head down to IN to get the house ready for our tenants. Our kind neighbors brought us a party package to aid in our celebration of the New Year. The hats were the kids favorite. (We edited the noise makers first thing!)
Happy New Year!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
To Finish Off the Year...
Posted by Leah at 7:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy New Year! I really need to visit your house. I see the pictures but to actually picture you all there, I need to see it. It looks so pretty!
Happy New Year! I like the boys with hair.
Post a Comment