Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Family Day at Bucyrus

This is really the end of the story. (And the story happened about 6 weeks ago!) It was a sword fight! Sword fights always make a great climax.
There was a fair maiden. Also important to a good story line.

Food is also a must. Not may books or movies without some one eating in them. Take Ocean's Eleven, for example. Is there ever a scene with Brad Pitt in it where he is not eating?

The rest might be anticlimactic after that sword fight but I thought they were interesting/cool.
Game of cards, anyone? It's break time!


I hadn't really thought about how canals get dug. This seems pretty geniusly simple.
The machine that Chris has been spending most of his time on (not the secret project) since starting work is mining this stuff. "Oil sands" to the common folk. I hadn't ever heard of it before, let alone seen it.
This one is all about the workmanship...it's carved out of stone.

The museum really was interesting. I wanna get back to try out the mining shovel simulator. Gotta see how it handles in comparison to the a skid steer loader and a little excavator. Family day was a great outing and had just enough to keep the boys interested as well.

We finished out our visit by sneaking up to the fourth flour where Chris works. We didn't get caught! How's that for a climax?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Who needs a sand box?

Elise said...

I am sure to your boys, their dad has the coolest job in the world!