Sage turned 1 on May 27th. We were driving down to Nauvoo that day so we said we would celebrate with a cake the next week.
Well, that week went by and we said we would celebrate on Sunday.
Well, she slept through dinner time and on through the night. I got her cake made, though.
So Monday? (The 6th of June, it's only a couple of weeks late!) If we do it before dinner we can squeeze it in before my board meeting.
Cakes ready. Birthday girl is unclothed. How about a picture of all the kids? No, Ian won't cooperate. Try again.
Batteries die and all back ups are also dead. Rush through house trying all batteries we can find, beg, borrow or steal from other battery operated items. Finally, find some that work. Try for all the kids again.
Hurry and sing, the candle is almost gone!
Dig in!All done. Chris reported back that she ate all the cupcakes-7 of them!-except for two halves.
She went straight to the tub and turned the water pink. Why? Ian tells me it is because she is a girl.
(There was a video but it wouldn't upload for whatever reason.)
We went to the doctor and her one year stats are in:
Height: 29 1/2 inches (50%)
Weight: 18 lbs. 7 oz. (25%)
She is finally catching onto the waving thing (all my kids were "late" at that) and loves rough-housing. She dances to music and loves playing with her brothers. The year since her birth has been full of challenges and changes. It took a special spirit to roll with the flow! What a joyous addition to our family!
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Happy Birthday, Finally!
Posted by Leah at 7:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay! Happy birthday Sage! I love her big round eyes! She's such a petite little cutie. Where on earth did she put seven cupcakes? Marian couldn't even eat one. :P
She put the seven cupcakes the same place she put the 1/4 lb hotdog and cup of grapes that i saw her eat for dinner the other night! I'm so glad I got to visit and be with her a little while!
Oh she is so cute, Leah! And I love picturing her tiny little self eating her 7 cupcakes and then licking her fingers clean! I need a visit!
Happy Birthday, Sage!! Haha I love all the pictures... and love that you stripped her down before giving her the birthday cake... definitely experienced parents ;)
Happy Birthday to Sage! The kids are growing up too fast!
Post a Comment