Noah is showing off his band-aid that he got when they drew blood at his pre-op appointment. I made Chris come because anyone who knows me knows that I don't really do well with blood or needles. Although I do much better now there will always be the story of how I kicked a doctor (it must run in the family my sister kicked his nurse/wife the same day) and the story of when I passed out at the clinic on my mission, both involving needles. But we won't get into that. This is really about how Noah is his father's son. I think I was subconsciously waiting for some yelling or crying to come from the back but there was nary a peep. When they returned Chris reported that he didn't even cry. No flinching, pulling away, whining or crying. He sat calmly on Chris' lap and watched them draw his blood. When he was finished he got a Nascar band aid over the gauze, a Lofty the crane sticker (just visible on his shirt) and a couple of suckers from mom and dad for doing so well.
Posting about this picture is also supposed to be cathartic for me. That's what Chris told me. A few days ago we cut Noah's hair. Chris was all for the tennis ball look because, ultimately, he is his mother's son too. He gets so hot, so quickly if the weather is even remotely warm (just like me). Hot equals miserable and cranky (just like me). And it takes him awhile to cool down (just like me). Anyway, the cut he ended up with I hate! It seems to be a little bit longer than a tennis ball, but really it does him no favors in the style department. It is mostly my fault since I was doing the clipping my only defense being that I having been learning haircutting on Noah as he grows. My only consolation (beyond the fact that it really does help him stay cooler) is that same reason I chose to try cutting Noah's hair in the first place-he is young and doesn't care what he looks like!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Noah is His Father's Son...
Posted by Leah at 7:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It doesn't look that bad ,Leah. The coolness may be worth it.
I don't think the haircut looks bad either. Maybe a little more big boy but not bad. I didn't think kids like
Noah existed as far as the shots and needles went. Has he been as calm for his vaccinations too? Dallin is the champion at our house but he does cry a little (really little).
When he was a baby he would cry for the 2 seconds that the jab took place. Lately, he might make a peep, but not really cry. Guess that high sensory threshold really does come in handy:)
I think it looks fine! (in the picture anyways, I will have to pass real judgment when I see him. :) ) Every time I cut Andy's hair he asks me just to shave it all off...
It's always a little sad when little boys start looking grown-up and it seems it's the haircut that does it. I've felt the same about my nephews. If it's any consolation I did a pretty big boo-boo on my husband's last haircut, and he does care how he looks!
Post a Comment