Monday, June 16, 2008

The Road to Recovery

...has been long and hard (or so it seems). Those of you who have walked this path know and told me how it would be, what to expect, but I was still a little unprepared for the reality of it. If only I could have stored up sleep and patience to whip out as needed!

The last week has included a lot of whining, long naps, crying, medicine, Dora, nighttime awakening, medicine, short naps, rocking, baby signing time and chocolate milk. (All naps were his, not ours!)

And, actually, no ice cream or popsicles. He refused to eat either. Oh, and no heart rate raising activities.

It got worse before it got better but we seem to have turned the corner this weekend, though, and we are all breathing and sleeping easier. Thanks again for all the love, support, dinner, prayers, and encouragement.

2 comments:

Elise said...

Glad to hear you're on the upswing! Hope it's all smooth sailing from here. Love you guys!

Leslie said...

We were happy to benefit from some obvious recovery---I know he was. What a boy---his little attentions are our treasure!