A week or so ago Ian hit the 5 month mark. In the last month there have been some fun developments and mad skills: First is his growing skills. In the past month he gained 2 lbs and grew 11/2 inches bringing his stats to 19 lbs 5 oz and 28 inches long. His eyes have magically changed color too! They are now hazel like his mother's.
Ian has a new favorite thing to do-The Exesaucer!
He loves standing and prefers it to most other positions.
It has been quite helpful for Mommy too!
Unfortunately, he does not like being on his stomach or even half way there. We had a few instances of being stuck on his side and the madder he got the more he arched his back and head, making it difficult to roll back onto his back. Nap ruined! Uggh!(He has since successfully made the roll onto his stomach, but again, isn't really thrilled with that accomplishment. I also see crawling not coming for awhile since he won't usually stay on his stomach long enough to contemplate the possibilities.)
He has made huge strides in the sleeping department too. If I get him down in his little optimum window of tired but not overtired he plays happily until he falls asleep. This makes everyone happy and usually results in better sleep!
And last but not least, he can sit on his own.
One can't stray to far, though, he gets distracted and will tip.

How happy we are to have Ian in our family! As he grows and develops even Noah has taken more of an interest and offers him toys or comes to get me when he is crying. We love you Ian and are so glad that you are ours!

5 comments:
What a big boy you have! More to love! Wish I could huggle on him a bit. He's not much smaller that my one year old!
Oh my gosh! He is so stinking cute! I love that he is so cute and cubby. I bet it's fun to pick him up and cuddle him! Adam and I are hoping that we have a baby like him! :)
Ohhh! what a doll. He looks like Noah's brother. I love to see him growing each time you post pictures.
He looks like Jim here, don't you think?
He's just adorable! I love these pics... especially the sitting one, knowing that he might tip over at any second. :) Thanks for always keeping us updated on here... makes me not feel so far from my nephews!
Post a Comment