Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Supper Surprise

As Noah and I were sitting at the table eating supper this evening he was making talking sounds as usual. After a few minutes I clued in to the pattern and emphasis of the sounds he made. It was a song, Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam. Noah doesn't really sing yet but he will string a note or two between a couple of words. Between the emphasis on 'deem' (translation: 'sunbeam'), a little bounce in his seat and the word 'school' the light bulb came on for me. He had just been singing it with Chris but given how well he knew it (even if most of it was unintelligible to me) I have to say THANK YOU NURSERY SONG LEADER! I am so excited that Noah is learning to sing. Chris sings with Noah every night. Chris offers options and Noah tells him which songs he wants to sing, e.g. 'twinkle star', 'chiga' (I Am a Child of God), 'sheen' (My Noah Lies Over the Ocean) , and 'horse' (All the Pretty Horses). I hope that we can continue to foster a love of music in him and Ian.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

How exciting! Good to know he got the little jump in right on the "deem" too... sounds like he's ready for Primary! :)

Sarah Harward said...

I honestly don't know of many things that make my heart smile bigger than hearing my kids sing primary songs! It's such a wonderful 'mom moment'!

Leslie said...

I think those little ones know who they are singing about---both themselves and the Savior! I hope he has Chris' wonderful voice as he gets older. When did Chris know that he could sing and it sounded good?

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

My children still hum, sing, la la la, and generally experiment with sounds using music all the time. I have enjoyed it. Music is a big part of our life and primary songs at least 70% of that. So send Noah over and we can get our jam on.

Leah said...

Mom, I asked Chris and he said singing was always something they did in his family but he was in high school before he knew that he sounded better than average. I think they all compare themselves to their dad a feel they fall a little short of 'good'.

abbott said...

How fun! I always get excited when my kids start to sing. For two of them it was quite late, but they did it! We are happy for you and Noah. Keep on singing!