Monday, October 13, 2008

Remembering Old Friends

It was early Sunday morning that I really started to miss my old friends, Mr. Muscles and Ms. Calluses! Our friend, Andy, broke his ankle Friday morning. They live and work on the same horse place we we did before we bought our house.

This blue trailer was our home for a couple of years.
Good ol' King's Hill.

I miss that place so when they called and asked if we could help with chores over the weekend I was sort of excited. I know that sounds weird to most-excited to clean stalls-but it was true.

We were also glad to be able to help. Andy and Michelle are great friends and have been good to us (they own a truck:) and we would finally be able to pay a little back!

I arrived and got right to it. It was familiar work and I fell right in to the old routine but it wasn't very long before I was missing my old friends. Amazing how fast they go and you don't even notice! But it was definitely worth it to be able to help out some new(er) friends! Get better fast Andy!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

There is something about a barn--safe, secure, homey--I don't know--something good.

Michelle said...

Thanks guys!! I need some of those friends, too... haha! I overdid it a bit that weekend, I realized. :)