Ok, we didn't really dance but we had some more fun! This is the third and final installment about our trip to TX. As always, enjoy at your own discretion.
We went to the Dallas Arboretum for a picture day. I was determined to get some cute pictures of the boys for the walls and for Chris to have at work and in his wallet. I knew this would be a challenge and that we would be taking a lot of pictures to get that great one. I was right. Noah refused to look at the camera and Ian's big happy smile turned into a growling tiger imitation that, while cute, was not quite what we were looking for. Happily the weather was perfect and there was lots ot enjoy! And we got some great pictures too!






At the end of the week we drove down to Houston, passing all the signs that told us not to go to Houston due to storm damage. We spent a wonderful few days visiting my sister, Elise and her family. The kids played great. I was so excited for the boys to start developing relationships with their cousins.
There was running and screaming, laughing and some crying, climbing and jumping. Great cousin fun and cuddles! Can't forget the water fun either.
We got super cheap admission to the Houston Aquarium due to the hurricane and got to see lots of cool fish, octopus, snakes, frogs and oddly, Bengal tigers (my favorite part). We got to ride the Merry-Go-Round and the Ferris Wheel (I actually opted out of this since I don't like heights and fed Ian some lunch instead) too.
We played Scrabble and I know you are thinking 'whoop-de-do' but it was the first Scrabble game I have ever played in which EVERY letter was played!








Many an evening was spent in a new venture. Something that I have never tried to do before. My attempt to paint a picture for my bedroom back home did not quite pan out as I had planned. My mother was helping me. This is one of the really early shots in the progression of the painting.
I learned a lot, mostly that to know things is not to execute them. My mother, my sisters, my brother-in-law, are all quite talented in this area. I have even more respect for their abilities now.
I left TX with my painting unfinished. I am hoping that Mama will finish my poppy farm for Christmas. Hint, hint.
All in all, a great trip and WAY better than being lonely at home while Chris was away. Thank you SOOOOOO MUCH, Mom and Dad, Elise and Dan, for helping us and putting up with us! We love you guys and are so happy that we got to spend some time with you! We couldn't have asked for a better trip!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Texas Howdown
Posted by Leah at 6:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love you, Leah! We were so happy to have you here! And I think your painting looks purty good! Wish you were closer so we could hang out all the time!
Looks like you guys had a blast!! Elise's daughter is a doll. What you got done on the painting was AWESOME!! You can paint for me anytime.
I can draw stick figures and a house...ya know the square for the house, the triangle for the roof...ya get the picture? I think you ARE talented Sista! I am so glad you had fun times with your Texas family! Next time, come see "Aunt" Robin in KY :)
Love ya!
I loved having you and the kids sitting around in my living room. I thought it was pretty cool that Noah and Ava played so well together without crying and fussing around. I was happy that Ian liked me---I liked him too! And of course when Noah told Grandpa no he wasn't his boy and then pointed to me and said "her boy", all was right with the world!
Post a Comment