Monday, April 25, 2011

Greendale Children's Resale


The sweetest stop on the block! I was a little leery of going since I am not a huge fan of crowds but it was really pretty fun. Maybe I only think that cause I got all the things I wanted and for a great price!

I went with a friend from church and we hooked up with several other women that she knew who were willing to get there bright and early (they got there about 6:30 am) to get a place in line. That's right, there was a lined formed before the doors even opened (at 8:00 am).

We chatted and shared some breakfast food. Then we got done to some planning-who was going where and what were we all looking for. Some of us took on extra assignments with agreements to settle up after.

There were three big rooms (gyms and the cafeteria) full of stuff. One toy room, one furniture room and the clothes and shoes room. They opened the doors and people were off like shots heading for their most urgent desires.

I won't bore you with the shopping details but will include an estimated list of what I got for a grand total of $192. I know that seems a lot for a resale but get a load of this list before you judge: a glider and ottoman, an 18 in. bike, 9 pairs of jeans, 4 pairs of jean shorts, a pair of dress slacks, a pair of sweat pants, a pair of gym shorts, 4 pairs of shoes, 1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of rain boots, a dress, 12 shirts, a fleece jacket, 3 dinosaurs, 1 transformer, 3 other robot like toys, a nap mat (which is required for K-5 here), a diaper bag (will make a great temple bag) and maybe that is it.

I did so well in the morning that I decided to go back for the half price part of the sale in the afternoon. I am so excited for October when they will be doing this again! Twice annual event, folks!

Ooh, ooh, and if I volunteer I can shop the night before and get a jump on that line!

2 comments:

Elise said...

I think they had something like this in college Station once. I went but it was not nearly as great as this one. For less than $200, you did awesome!!

Leslie said...

Maybe I should schedule my trip for October!