Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Renovation and Improvement

We woke up to this one preschool morning:

I know the progress on the house across the street has been weighing on your mind and keeping you up nights, so there you go:)

This time for General Conference I made a concerted effort to write down the thoughts and inspirations that came to me as I listened to the speakers and not any notes about what they said.

One of the thoughts that was brought back to me (yep, that means that there was a first time for this inspiration) was to make Bum Bags.

This is an invention of my mom's, as far as I know. And while the name is not PC, it is the name from my youth and what I will always call them. For FHE we went shopping and bought what we needed to assemble 4 Bum Bags.
We made an assembly line and put the boys to work. (No minors were overworked in the making of these bags. It took about 5 minutes total. Oh, and no children were forgotten at school while these bags were made.)
And just a little something that needs virtually no improvement:

5 comments:

Elise said...

I love the idea of only writing your impressions, not what they say. I will have to try that sometime if I ever hear conference :) And the bum bags are a great idea, and that's saying something coming from me, since I was the forgotten one!

Sarah Harward said...

I'm a bit confused what the bum bags are. Fill me in, because even though I'm not sure what it is, I want to make some BUM BAGS!!!! Because, let's be honest, the name sounds fun!

Greg and Tammy said...

Yes, yes. More information on bum bags please. I couldn't quite figure them out. But they look fun! Glad you were able to listen to conference some! It can be hard with little ones, huh? :)

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Hahhahaaaha, I had totally forgotten about bum bags. They are bags of food for the homeless or beggars that are in need. You just keep them in your car for when ever you see a them on the corner with their signs. Mom really could feed and clothe just about any one at any time right from her car. Maybe I can use your conference idea too. I haven't ever tried to take notes cause it stresses me out but if I had permission to just write what I wanted I think I could do that. I love you.

Leslie said...

Funny----that is exactly how I take notes at conference and even when I read the conference talks---I just write down the thoughts that come......