Friday, May 23, 2008

Adenoids AND Tonsils

Surgery is scheduled for June 6. Noah's adenoids AND tonsils are going to be removed. The ENT did a quick check and although he really prefers to not do tonsillectomies in children as young as Noah agrees that everything should go. So it shall be. I will find out more at the pre-op appointment but I did learn a couple of things today. The procedure is relatively short, about half an hour and it is done early in the morning. Since he is young and the tonsils are included it will be done in the hospital not the surgical center. He will stay all day and probably over night in the hospital. Poor baby, he has no idea what is coming!

4 comments:

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

He doesn't know what's coming but hopefully it will all go quickly and breathing is a good thing right?

Leah said...

and eating and sleeping! The pros out weigh the cons for sure!

Elise said...

Hi, it's grandma leslie---I hope he will feel better--not so peaked and such dark circles. I can imagine that he doesn't even know what it is to feel really well.

Stephanie said...

Ohhh poor kid! I'm sure he'll appreciate it in the long run, but things could be kind of miserable for a while. Hopefully all will go well with the surgery and he'll be breathin easy soon :)