Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Big 3-0

The 23rd was my birthday. I share it with my niece Ava. She turned 3 and I turned 30. I could wax philosophical about new beginnings and what this milestone means but really it seemed vary much like a typical Friday in the life of mom. Went to the doctor and found out that Noah needed surgery. Came rushing back and was late for Noah's speech therapy appointment in our own house! Of course, I had not picked up or vacuumed before I was running out the door to the doctor so the therapist had quite a welcome. Ian had a rough afternoon sleeping, or not (I really think I need to feed him more!). I missed all the family phone calls with birthday wishes except one (I appreciated the calls even if I wasn't available to answer them!). And Chris and I went out to dinner for our date night (thank you Reece and Shana!) and while Chris wanted to tell the waiter it was my birthday (just so it would be a memorable birthday) I prevailed and remained unsung-to and unembarrassed.

Saturday morning Chris and Noah made me cupcakes (easier to share the calories that way) and I frosted them. You will note the one candle. Another good reason to choose cupcakes; your wonderful hubby is not then tempted to actually try and light thirty candles on your cake!


That was pretty much it. Well, I did also revisit my youth and my mission by starting my third decade with blue toenails. A girl's gotta have a little whimsy in her life, right? Or does it seem to say "older gal, trying to hard"? (Surprise Movie Quiz! What movie did that quote excerpt come from?)

Warning: Picture of not really attractive toes below. Feel free to shut your eyes! Sorry it is a little blurry.

Blogger insist on turning the picture sideways.


8 comments:

Elise said...

Happy Birthday, Sister Love!

Sorry I missed calling you. I did think about you on the 23rd though!
And it's kind of sad that usually my birthday turns out to be just another day. Contrast to the excitement of childhood birthdays. Your cupcakes looked yummy and as always, I love your toenails.

And I love you too! Happy Birthday!

Elise said...

P.S. There is no way you are 30! You are not old enough to be 30!
That's like practically grown-up!

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Happy Birthday! I love the toenails. I'm not in a position to comment about whether they are trying to hard since I'm older than you are. I like them and have enjoyed my own since girls weekend.xxxooo

Chad Magleby said...

Happy Birthday, Leah! It's so fun to be reconnected...at least on the internet! Your family is so cute! I am also dreading the big 3-0 this year...YUCK!

Chad Magleby said...

Sorry, this is actually Crystal Magleby....I didn't realize I was signed on as Chad :)

Leslie said...

Don't you know that the older you get the more you earn the right to do whatever it is you want to? Paint those toenails! Love ya---see you pretty soon.

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

Wow...Happy Birthday!!! I didn't realize I was older than you! Isn't 30 just so fun? (I'm kidding, it really makes me sick at the thought!) Oh well, life must go on! Oh and cute toes! That does remind me of you on the mission...way funny!
Hey, in answer to your question...you need to have Picasa2 downloaded onto your computer. I love the program...you can do A LOT of cool stuff with it, and it is also where I organize my photos. But either way, there is an option to make a collage and then you save it to your computer and then add it like any other picture. Picasa is also where you can make the little slide shows on the side panel (since it is part of Google, this is the only program you can use to do this stuff..that I know of anyway). Let me know if you have any questions!

Michelle and Andy said...

Yikes, I missed it! Happy Birthday! I like your toenail polish! I need to be more bold with mine. :)