So, last Monday Noah, Ian and I went with our Moms and Tots group to the Fair Oaks Dairy Farm. I was a little leery about going because I wasn't sure how much Noah would get out of it and we would be interfering with nap time which I am pretty religious about. But, I decided that life was for living and what the hay, literally!
We started out in the activities center that had cows with questions and answers on them.
This was as close to the cow as Noah would get. And I, obviously, could not get very far away to get a cute picture. He was surprisingly clingy inside this building and going through the rooms. We saw a 3-D video and we were glad that we sat on the floor and did not experience the "surprise" water and puffs of air to the face that made many a child unhappy. The following rooms held little fascination for Noah except for a mural with a semi truck in it.
We rushed out to the calving barn to watch a calf being born. Don't worry I will only post the after picture!
Mommy and baby about 30 seconds after being born!Also cool to me are the refrigerator trucks so efficient that they can transport milk to states as far aways as Georgia or Florida with only a 1 degree increase in temperature.
Anyway, I think my favorite part to see was the cows happily pushing their way onto the milking carousel and then backing off all by themselves when they knew that they were done. All in all a good trip. Noah didn't lose it till we were standing in line waiting to pay for our ice cream! I have to say thanks to the friendly moms who helped me out (I had Ian in a sling or in arms the whole time and this handicapped me somewhat). Bryn, Stacie, and Michelle thank you sooo much!!

4 comments:
Do you remember the trip to the dairy farm in New Jersey that we did with our little weekly play group? You were pretty small--allowed because I had Aaron in the group and couldn't leave you out? If you don't remember it---you will know that you will be making another trip to a dairy farm with Noah so he can remember.
I don't think that I really remember anything from New Jersey. Did I like it?
That sounds really fun! I just can't believe you were lucky enough to see the calf being born! Fun times, way to be brave!
I remember and it was a fun trip. I don't remember much info. the memories I have are flashes of the things I saw and I remember that it was a dairy farm and the feeling that it was a fun time. In New Jersey I was seven so you could have many more good trips to the dairy.
Post a Comment