Thursday, May 15, 2008

Chris' Garden


I remember with fondness my mother's garden when we lived in Kansas. Perhaps it is the years gone by that makes me think that. It was large and we (the kids) would have to gather the grass clippings to put down the rows of the garden.

Well, this is Chris and I 's first attempt at garden of our own. I call it Chris' garden not because I expect him to do all the work (that's what he thought) but because he has done all the work so far. I am very proud of his hard work. He spent several evenings working out there to get it ready and planted. He even transplanted the grass that he took up to a spot in our side yard that was bare!

We both consider this pretty experimental since, despite the apparent history. we really feel we don't know much about what we are doing. We are hoping for some veggies that will help with our grocery bill and taste great too!! Wish us luck!




4 comments:

Elise said...

Good Luck! We enjoyed the first fruits of our harvest tonight and soon you'll be doing the same. Somehow things taste better when you grow it yourself.

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Looks like a good start. For us that is the hardest part. Picking and preparing the ground seems to take a good amount of time and even more muscle. Good Job Chris.

Leslie said...

What fun! Watching, watering, eating---all worth the work. Watch out for the squirrels, and other critters! They will be watching for things right along with you and know just when things are ripe.

Stephanie said...

This is great! I hope everything goes well with it :) Hopefully Chris has Grandpa Mac's green thumb!