A speech therapist has been coming once a week to work with Noah for a couple of months now. 'Performance anxiety' seemed to keep him from saying much to her until today. He was always willing and interested in the activities and toys she brought but today was the first day that he actually tried to say the things that she prompted. He has been showing improvements around us but only when he is 'in the mood'. If we ask him to use words or signs, even the ones he knows, he frequently clams up. But if he instigates the game, book reading, talking, etc. it becomes evident that he is making progress.
Today he tried a new word. He was a little shy for the camera at first. Silly boy.

But then he ignored it and went back to playing, saying over and over...

4 comments:
Do you just wonder sometime how you got to have your two boys? Children are such a gift! Ian definitely looks like a Leah-Chris mix. Noah, Noah---well you know--I could eat him up!
Oh what a cute little post, Leah! Noah is such a cute boy!
And it's so interesting that since I haven't met Ian yet, I only have the pictures to go by. And when I see a new one I think, "Wow! Is that what he looks like?" Because I can only picture him, the was he looked in the last photo I saw. He is looking so much older, and he's still cute!
I bet the progress feels good. I love baby talk because it is so literal to their experience. What a cute kid Noah is and Ian is getting bigger. I'm with Elise I see them as the most recent photo so keep'em coming.
Glad to hear Noah's making progress! He's gotten so big!
Post a Comment